April 2019 NSDA Public Forum: UNSC and India
PURCHASE AND DOWNLOAD RIGHT NOW!!
Big Sky Debate is pleased to release its April 2019 NSDA Public Forum resources on the United Nations Security Council and India!
The resolution, released by the National Speech and Debate Association on March 1, 2019, is:
Resolved: The United Nations should grant India permanent membership on the Security Council.
A list of briefs for this book appears below.
Continued this season: Get both the PDF and Word versions of the book. Copy and paste Big Sky Debate’s excellent research into your own briefs OR print and file the old-fashioned way!
Why choose Big Sky Debate over the competitors? We have one of the longest-standing Public Forum resource services in the nation. Topic after topic, the Big Sky team delivers fresh, relevant and useful evidence and briefs for successful debate, no matter your location.
Download one brief, right now… don’t wait around for complex update services that are delivered after you are done with the topic!
Compare similar services without Big Sky Debate’s seasoned research staff at THREE times that cost! Big Sky Debate is the best value in debate!
Download one file, right now, with all the resources you need for this topic. Have a GREAT topic!!! Our Public Forum Resources are an unbeatable $16.00.
OR, click here to start a season-long subscription, or here to look at one of Big Sky Debate’s value-priced packages! Start a subscription now and get the book in your inbox the moment we are done with our research!
UNSC & India Index
- REFORM THE UNSC NOW: CURRENT MAKEUP = “DEMOCRACY DEFICIT”
- REFORM THE UNSC NOW: SECURITY COUNCIL MUST GROW TO BE RELEVANT
- SEAT JUSTIFIED: INDIA IS A WORLD POWER
- SEAT JUSTIFIED: INDIA HUGE CONTRIBUTOR TO UN PEACEKEEPING
- SEAT JUSTIFIED: INDIA MEETS UN CRITERIA FOR EXPANDED SEATS
- SEAT JUSTIFIED: ABSENCE OF INDIA RISKS UNSC CREDIBILITY
- SEAT JUSTIFIED: INDIA = TOP ECONOMIC POWER
- SEAT JUSTIFIED: INDIA = STABLE DEMOCRACY
- SEAT JUSTIFIED: WIDE GLOBAL SUPPORT
- INDIA SEAT GOOD: GIVES CREDIBILITY TO THE UNSC
- INDIA SEAT GOOD: HELPS GLOBAL POVERTY/DEVELOPING NATIONS
- INDIA SEAT GOOD: BALANCES CHINA
- INDIA SEAT GOOD: BALANCES RUSSIA
- US BENEFITS: US-INDIAN RELATIONSHIP CRITICAL FOR US
- US BENEFITS: MORE POWERFUL INDIA HELPS THE US
- US BENEFITS: MORE POWERFUL INDIA HELPS US DURING CRISIS SITUATIONS
- US BENEFITS: COULD HELP US ON CLIMATE CHANGE
- WORKABLE APPROACHES: GIVE INDIA A SEAT, BUT, NO VETO POWER
- WORKABLE APPROACHES: G4 PROPOSAL
- A/T: BAN THE VETO
- SEAT UNLIKELY: REFORMS MUST CLEAR HIGH BAR
- SEAT UNLIKELY: ESTABLISH POWERS WILL REFUSE TO DILUTE THEIR POWER
- SEAT UNLIKELY: MANY POWERFUL NATIONS NOT ON THE UNSC WILL BLOCK
- SEAT UNLIKELY: DEVELOPING NATIONS DON’T SUPPORT EXPANSION FOR INDIAN SEAT
- SEAT UNLIKELY: INDIA TURNED DOWN FOR OTHER SEATS
- SEAT UNLIKELY: CHINA WILL VETO
- SEAT UNLIKELY: AFRICAN UNION OPPOSES
- SEAT NOT JUSTIFIED: INDIAN ECONOMY IS WEAK
- SEAT NOT JUSTIFIED: INDIA IS POLITICALLY UNSTABLE
- SEAT NOT JUSTIFIED: DOESN’T SOLVE REPRESENTATION PROBLEMS
- SEAT NOT JUSTIFIED: INDIA MUST CONTINUE TO LIBERALIZE ITS ECONOMY
- SEAT NOT JUSTIFIED: INDIA NEEDS A MORE MATURE VISION OF FOREIGN POLICY
- SEAT NOT JUSTIFIED: INDIA MUST RESOLVE KASHMIR BEFORE GETTING A SEAT
- INDIA SEAT BAD: HURTS UNITED STATES INTERESTS
- INDIA SEAT BAD: INDIAN GLOBAL POLITICAL VIEWS ARE A WILDCARD
- INDIA SEAT BAD: HURTS INDIAN RELATIONS
- INDIA SEAT BAD: DOESN’T FIX THE CORE PROBLEM
- REFORM UNLIKELY: NO TIMELINE FOR SECURITY COUNCIL REORG
- ALTERNATIVE ADVOCACY: MORE SEATS, NOT TO INDIA
- ALTERNATIVE ADVOCACY: UFC PROPOSAL
- ALTERNATIVE ADVOCACY: EXPAND THE WHOLE SECURITY COUNCIL
- ALTERNATIVE ADVOCACY: BAN VETO POWER
- ALTERNATIVE ADVOCACY: CHANGE WORKING METHODS
- A/T: US SUPPORTS
- A/T: EXPANSION REPRESENTS THE SOUTH/UNDERPRIVILEGED/DEVELOPING NATIONS
We Also Recommend