January 2017 NSDA Public Forum: Military Spending
PURCHASE AND DOWNLOAD RIGHT NOW!!
Big Sky Debate is pleased to release its January 2017, 2016 NSDA Public Forum resources on Military Spending!
The resolution, released by the National Speech and Debate Association on December 1, 2016, is:
Resolved: In order to better respond to international conflicts, the United States should significantly increase its military spending.
A list of briefs for this book appears below.
Continued this season: Get both the PDF and Word versions of the book. Copy and paste Big Sky Debate’s excellent research into your own briefs OR print and file the old-fashioned way!
Why Big Sky Debate over the competitors? We have one of the longest-standing Public Forum resource services in the nation. Topic after topic, the Big Sky team delivers fresh, relevant and useful evidence and briefs for successful debate, no matter your location.
Download one brief, right now… don’t wait around for complex update services that are delivered after you are done with the topic!
Compare similar services without Big Sky Debate’s seasoned research staff at THREE times that cost! Big Sky Debate is the best value in debate!
Download one file, right now, with all the resources you need for this topic. Have a GREAT topic!!! Our Public Forum Resources are an unbeatable $16.00.
OR, click here to start a season-long subscription, or here to look at one of Big Sky Debate’s value priced packages! Start a subscription now and get the book in your inbox the moment we are done with our research!
Military Spending Index
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: MUST INCREASE THE MILITARY BUDGET
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: US HAS DRAMATICALLY CUT THE MILITARY BUDGET
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: CUTS HURT MILITARY READINESS
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: FUNDING PROBLEMS PUTS THE NATION AT RISK
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: STABLE FUNDING IMPORTANT TO KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: CURRENT FUNDING CAPS TOO RESTRICTIVE
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: NEED TO END PARTISAN BICKERING ABOUT THE BUDGET
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: NEW COMMITMENTS JUSTIFY INCREASE SPENDING
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: MILITARY HAS TO ALREADY SAY YES TO ORDERS MAKING PREPAREDNESS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: TERRORISM!
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: MILITARY MUST MODERNIZE TECHNOLOGY
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: SHORTAGES MEAN MORE CAUSALITIES
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: THE ONLY PLACE LEFT TO CUT IS PERSONNEL
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: STRONG MILITARY DETERS WARS
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: MILITARY HAS HAD IN INCREASE IN DOMESTIC DUTIES
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: US UNABLE TO MEET GLOBAL NEEDS LIKE DRUG ENFORCEMENT WITH CUTS
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: MILITARY FAMILIES HURT BY CUTS
- INCREASES JUSTIFIED: MILITARY IS LIKELY TO BE CUT IN THE FUTURE: SHOULD INCREASE NOW
- MILITARY IS RESPONSIBLE ABOUT PROGRAMS: CONGRESS PREVENTS GOOD SPENDING PRACTICES
- WASTE CUTS BAD: REPORTS OF WASTEFUL SPENDING ARE EXAGGERATED
- WASTE CUTS BAD: CUTTING “WASTEFUL” SPENDING UNDERMINES DEFENSE
- WASTE CUTS BAD: WON’T INCREASE MILITARY SPENDING
- KEEP FUNDING HIGH: “MODERNIZING” IS RISKY
- A/T: 2016 WASTE REPORT JUSTIFIES CUTS
- A/T: CUTE ARE “DRAWDOWN”
- A/T: US MILITARY UNSUSTAINABLE
- SPENDING INCREASE BAD: INCREASED SPENDING DOESN’T MEAN INCREASED RESULTS
- SPENDING INCREASE BAD: US HAS MORE CAPABILITY THAN ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH
- SPENDING INCREASE BAD: OVERCAPACITY ENCOURAGED MORE USE OF THE MILITARY
- SPENDING INCREASE BAD: OVERSIZED MILITARY WOULD BE SLOW TO ACT IN AN EMERGENCY
- SPENDING INCREASE BAD: BLOATED SPENDING ENCOURAGED OTHERS TO SPEND MORE
- SPENDING INCREASE BAD: THE AMOUNT OF MONEY DOESN’T MATTER
- SPENDING INCREASE BAD: NEED TO BALANCE DIPLOMATIC AND MILITARY EFFORTS
- MILITARY SPENDING HIGH: US MILITARY SPENDING HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY
- MILITARY SPENDING HIGH: EVEN WITH SEQUESTRATION
- MILITARY SPENDING HIGH: EVEN WITH SIGNIFICANT CUTS, WE HAVE HISTORICALLY HIGH SPENDING
- MILITARY SPENDING HIGH: WE DEDICATE MASSIVE RESOURCES TO THE MILITARY
- PRO SOURCES BIASED: PRO SOURCES USING SCARE TACTICS
- PRO SOURCES BIASED: NEED TO HAVE THIS DEBATE WITHOUT FEARMONGERING
- CUT THE MILITARY: EVEN LARGER CUTS ARE JUSTIFIED
- CUT THE MILITARY: STOP DEFENDING COUNTRIES THAT CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES
- CUT THE MILITARY: STOP NATION-BUILDING
- CUT THE MILITARY: WE DON’T NEED GROUND WAR READINESS
- CUT THE MILITARY: NEED MILITARY PERSONAL REFORM STRATEGY
- CUT THE MILITARY: DOD WASTES SHOCKING AMOUNT OF MONEY
- CUT THE MILITARY: MILITARY AGREES THAT RIGHTSIZING IS NECESSARY
- CUT THE MILITARY: WON’T BRING DOOMSDAY
- CUT THE MILITARY: SHOULD CUT MASSIVE WEAPONS SYSTEMS IN A WORLD OF TERRORISM
- CUT THE MILITARY: DOMESTIC PROGRAMS ARE WEAK ON THE BACKS OF A MASSIVE MILITARY BUDGET
- CUT THE MILITARY: MASSIVE MILITARY ONLY JUSTIFIED UNDER UNLIKELY SCENARIOS
- CUT THE MILITARY: MILITARY NOT NEEDED FOR GLOBAL TRADE
- CUT THE MILITARY: NUKES COULD USE A TRIM
- US NOT AT RISK
- A/T: TERRORISM JUSTIFIES INCREASED FUNDING
- A/T: MILITARY HAS BEEN CUT TO THE BONE!
- A/T: WE’LL NEED TO SCALE BACK IN… [INSERT LOW-PRIORITY AREA HERE]
- A/T: MILITARY SHOULD BE ALWAYS X% OF THE GDP
- A/T: GOVERNMENT SPENDING IS ABOUT JOBS
We Also Recommend